*** COVID UPDATE (OCTOBER 19, 2021) ***
Effective immediately, youth indoor basketball training and competition may continue. Participants are required to: Screen for symptoms, Maintain 2 metres distancing except while engaged in physical activity, Wear a mask, except while engaged in high-intensity activities; coaches are required to modify activities to allow participants to wear masks as much as possible. Players will be permitted to wear a medical mask while playing.
Spectators welcome but will require to show vaccination record and I.D..
Effective September 20th, indoor basketball training and competition may continue at the Saville Community Sports Centre. In addition to the screening for symptoms; maintaining 2 metres distance and wearing a mask participants are required to:
September 20 - October 25
· Show proof of Full Vaccination
· Show proof of Partial vaccination (one Dose ) is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service
· OR Show proof of medical exemption
Rapid tests can be done as of now but they cannot be done by Dynalife or Precision Labs, you would have to go to a pharmacy to get it done.
With your proof of vaccination ( Valid Paper or Digital Vaccine record) that shows your name, Vaccine type and date of administration. Valid Photo Identification that matches the vaccine record .
October 25 - TBA
· Show proof of full vaccination - double dose is required
· AND Show government issued identification or the University of Alberta OneCard or school identification card (ages 12-18).
FACILITY Check-In Process - ALL basketball participants will need to report to the designated check-in point at the Saville Centre:
· Please be prepared to show your digital MyHealthRecords, a print vaccination card, or a formal letter of exemption from a medical professional.
· Please be prepared to show your government-issued identification, University of Alberta OneCard, or school identification card (ages 12-18).
We are all responsible for ensuring all participants meet the Restrictions Exemption Program expectations as outlined above. The EGBC and the Saville Community Sports Centre reserves the right to conduct random checks of participants associated with our group when using the facility.
We ask for your support and cooperation in the implementation of this process. Above all, we ask for kindness and patience in working with their staff members.
Over the next few weeks, expect that check-in processes may change. Any changes implemented will be done from a safety and efficiency perspective and are intended to better serve all users.
We will continue to update everyone as this continues on and once the process of how to monitor for checking players vaccination statues comes out.
ONLINE TEAM & PLAYER REGISTRATION:
Online registration can now be completed at EBA.rampregistrations.com. Team registration needs to be completed for player registration.
WARNING - PAID PARKING STILL IN EFFECT:
Please be advised that the U of A has installed paid parking stalls in the first few rows of the parking lot near the entrance of the Saville Centre. Please be aware of where you are parking as to avoid a fine.
EBA is selling Spalding TF-1000 basketballs for $58.00 each.
Replacement Score books are $10.00.
Contact us for purchase & pick up.