EDMONTON BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
1) Please use a regular pen (black or dark blue ink). Lighter colours cannot be read when scaned or faxed. Please set your scanner in dark so once printed we can read it.
2) Both teams are responsible for putting their players on the score sheet BEFORE the start of the game. (This means first and last names).
3) The winning team is responsible for making sure the Top Line is completed (team names, court number, date of the game, and division).
4) The winning team must add up players points on BOTH teams, not just their own.
5) Both teams have the right to comment on a game – submit your issues via email.
6) Once complete, the WINNING TEAM is responsible for faxing/emailing in the score sheet (front) within 2 business days. Completed score sheets may also be dropped off with staff at the front desk of the Saville Centre.
- If these procedures are not followed a $15.00 fine will be assessed.
- Score sheet must be filled out properly by both teams.
- Players with no last name on the score sheet will be considered ineligible.
- If the score sheet is sent in late, the team will lose the 2 points if the game is won.
- Please keep fax transmission slips to prove you sent the fax.
- If emailing, save your sent items; records can be traced through electronic archives. Otherwise an appeal will be denied.
8) Any serious issues arising from the game must be emailed to the Executive Director ASAP.
FIBA RULE CHANGES (starting this season):
Unsportsmanlike foul - To gain more clarity on when to call an unsportsmanlike foul and protect the dynamics of the game in transition.
New wording: An unsportsmanlike foul is a player contact foul which, in the judgement of an official, is:
• Excessive, hard contact caused by a player in an effort to play the ball or an opponent.
• Contact by the defensive player with no legitimate attempt to directly play the ball within the spirit and intent of the rules causing an unnecessary contact in order to stop the fast break or the progress of the offensive team in transition. This applies until the offensive player begins the act of shooting.
Game disqualification - The game disqualification is now also valid for 1 technical foul and 1 unsportsmanlike foul.
Changes: A player shall also be disqualified for the remainder of the game when he is charged with 1 technical and 1 unsportsmanlike foul. A player coach shall also be disqualified for the remainder of the game when he is charged with 2 technical fouls against his person where 1 of these fouls may also be an unsportsmanlike foul against him as a player.